Billy Elliot, Will and Grace among Producers Guild nominees
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 14 2001 1:00 AM ET
The last of the major pre–Oscar award nominations were announced Monday, as the Producers Guild announced the contenders for the Golden Laurels, which will be presented March 3. Producers Gren Brenman and Jonathan Finn were nominated in the feature film category for the gay-friendly drama Billy Elliot, and they are up against the producers of Almost Famous; Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; Erin Brockovich; and Gladiator in that category. Other nominations of gay and lesbian interest include Sex and the City (out producers Darren Star and Michael Patrick King, along with John Melfi and Jenny Bicks) and Will & Grace (openly gay Max Mutchnick as well as David Kohan, James Burrows, and Tim Kaiser) in the episodic television comedy category and If These Walls Could Talk 2 (Suzanne Todd and Jennifer Todd) for the David L. Wolper Producer of the Year Award for long-form television.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Rachel Maddow: The Fox News Debate Is 'Rigged'
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet