HBO looking for rights to Angels in America
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 29 2001 1:00 AM ET
HBO is seeking to secure the rights to Tony Kushners gay fantasia Angels in America, according to Variety. The piece was previously headed for the big screen with Robert Altman directing, but the project never flew. The HBO version will likely be filmed as a miniseries, the better to showcase the piece, which onstage ran for six hours over two nights. Mike Nichols (Wit) is set to direct should the deal close. Preliminary buzz has Al Pacino playing the part of the Red-baiting closeted lawyer Roy Cohn.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- South Dakota AG: Clerks Can Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed