HBO looking for rights to Angels in America
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 29 2001 1:00 AM ET
HBO is seeking to secure the rights to Tony Kushners gay fantasia Angels in America, according to Variety. The piece was previously headed for the big screen with Robert Altman directing, but the project never flew. The HBO version will likely be filmed as a miniseries, the better to showcase the piece, which onstage ran for six hours over two nights. Mike Nichols (Wit) is set to direct should the deal close. Preliminary buzz has Al Pacino playing the part of the Red-baiting closeted lawyer Roy Cohn.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- BREAKING: This Year's Michigan Womyn's Music Festival Will Be the Last
- Arkansas At War With Itself Over LGBT Rights
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married