HBO looking for rights to Angels in America
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 29 2001 1:00 AM ET
HBO is seeking to secure the rights to Tony Kushners gay fantasia Angels in America, according to Variety. The piece was previously headed for the big screen with Robert Altman directing, but the project never flew. The HBO version will likely be filmed as a miniseries, the better to showcase the piece, which onstage ran for six hours over two nights. Mike Nichols (Wit) is set to direct should the deal close. Preliminary buzz has Al Pacino playing the part of the Red-baiting closeted lawyer Roy Cohn.
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Santorum Campaign Low on Funds, Losing Staffers