HBO looking for rights to Angels in America
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 29 2001 1:00 AM ET
HBO is seeking to secure the rights to Tony Kushners gay fantasia Angels in America, according to Variety. The piece was previously headed for the big screen with Robert Altman directing, but the project never flew. The HBO version will likely be filmed as a miniseries, the better to showcase the piece, which onstage ran for six hours over two nights. Mike Nichols (Wit) is set to direct should the deal close. Preliminary buzz has Al Pacino playing the part of the Red-baiting closeted lawyer Roy Cohn.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet