Paul Reubens has three films lined up
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 03 2001 12:00 AM ET
Paul Reubens, currently costarring in the film Blow, plans to make two movies resurrecting the character that made him famous, Pee-wee Herman. TVGuide.com reports hes also got a third film in the conceptual stages. Reubens rose to fame in his TV show Pee-wees Playhouse, but the show was canceled after his arrest for indecent exposure in 1991. Reubens claims he never meant to retire his alter egos bow tie, but my break [just] became a little longer than I had anticipated.... Im really ready to do it now. I wasnt for a long time, and now I am. The movies featuring the quasi-androgynous Pee-wee will be geared toward different audiences: The one charting Pee-wees rise, The Pee-wee Herman Story, will be a dark tale that kids wont be able to come to. The other is promised to be more kid-friendly and will be an epic adventure that begins and ends in the Playhouse.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality