Paul Reubens has three films lined up
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 03 2001 12:00 AM ET
Paul Reubens, currently costarring in the film Blow, plans to make two movies resurrecting the character that made him famous, Pee-wee Herman. TVGuide.com reports hes also got a third film in the conceptual stages. Reubens rose to fame in his TV show Pee-wees Playhouse, but the show was canceled after his arrest for indecent exposure in 1991. Reubens claims he never meant to retire his alter egos bow tie, but my break [just] became a little longer than I had anticipated.... Im really ready to do it now. I wasnt for a long time, and now I am. The movies featuring the quasi-androgynous Pee-wee will be geared toward different audiences: The one charting Pee-wees rise, The Pee-wee Herman Story, will be a dark tale that kids wont be able to come to. The other is promised to be more kid-friendly and will be an epic adventure that begins and ends in the Playhouse.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'