Paul Reubens has three films lined up
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 03 2001 12:00 AM ET
Paul Reubens, currently costarring in the film Blow, plans to make two movies resurrecting the character that made him famous, Pee-wee Herman. TVGuide.com reports hes also got a third film in the conceptual stages. Reubens rose to fame in his TV show Pee-wees Playhouse, but the show was canceled after his arrest for indecent exposure in 1991. Reubens claims he never meant to retire his alter egos bow tie, but my break [just] became a little longer than I had anticipated.... Im really ready to do it now. I wasnt for a long time, and now I am. The movies featuring the quasi-androgynous Pee-wee will be geared toward different audiences: The one charting Pee-wees rise, The Pee-wee Herman Story, will be a dark tale that kids wont be able to come to. The other is promised to be more kid-friendly and will be an epic adventure that begins and ends in the Playhouse.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children