Lopez drops out of race to portray Frida Kahlo
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 04 2001 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Jennifer Lopez will no longer be going forward with her previously announced plans to play bisexual artist Frida Kahlo in an upcoming film produced by Francis Ford Coppola. Apparently the project ran out of steam once Miramax beat them to the punch by greenlighting its own film on Kahlos colorful and curious life, this one starring Salma Hayek and being directed by Julie Taymor.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- WATCH: Ben Carson Gets the Constitution Wrong Again