David Sedaris book optioned for big screen
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 06 2001 12:00 AM ET
Although David Sedaris has long resisted efforts to strike a movie deal for his published works, Variety reports that the openly gay writer has sold the rights for his book Me Talk Pretty One Day to director Wayne Wang (The Joy Luck Club). Wang is already at work on the screenplay with cowriter Francey Grace. Me Talk Pretty One Day is a series of essays about growing up in North Carolina, later experiences in New York, and living with his boyfriend in Paris. Sedaris, along with his sister Amy (Strangers With Candy) is currently involved with the popular off-Broadway show The Book of Liz.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'