David Sedaris book optioned for big screen
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 06 2001 12:00 AM ET
Although David Sedaris has long resisted efforts to strike a movie deal for his published works, Variety reports that the openly gay writer has sold the rights for his book Me Talk Pretty One Day to director Wayne Wang (The Joy Luck Club). Wang is already at work on the screenplay with cowriter Francey Grace. Me Talk Pretty One Day is a series of essays about growing up in North Carolina, later experiences in New York, and living with his boyfriend in Paris. Sedaris, along with his sister Amy (Strangers With Candy) is currently involved with the popular off-Broadway show The Book of Liz.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Michael Sam, Cowboys Welcome Lull in Media Attention