David Sedaris book optioned for big screen
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 06 2001 12:00 AM ET
Although David Sedaris has long resisted efforts to strike a movie deal for his published works, Variety reports that the openly gay writer has sold the rights for his book Me Talk Pretty One Day to director Wayne Wang (The Joy Luck Club). Wang is already at work on the screenplay with cowriter Francey Grace. Me Talk Pretty One Day is a series of essays about growing up in North Carolina, later experiences in New York, and living with his boyfriend in Paris. Sedaris, along with his sister Amy (Strangers With Candy) is currently involved with the popular off-Broadway show The Book of Liz.
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- WATCH: Do Kids Movies Push The 'Gay Agenda'?
- Shocking Increase in HIV Diagnosis Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- Fox Pundit: Obama Forcing 'Militant LGBT Agenda' on Christians
- GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index Reveals Lack of LGBT Visibility
- Op-ed: I Did My Research, Now You Do Yours