Ricky Martin to shake bonbon in West End as Zorro
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 19 2001 12:00 AM ET
Latino eye-candy Ricky Martin is set to take to the London stage as Zorro, according to Reuters. Producer Adam Kenwright, who is also behind the current hit Stones in His Pockets as well as De La Guarda, apparently initiated the negotiations. Sources close to the producer say, Ricky is already one of the biggest Latin icons in the world and has the look and the attitude to play Zorro. British pop star Robbie Williams, who recently covered the Freddie Mercury vocals on the rerecording of the Queen hit "We Are the Champions," is being discussed as a writer for some of the shows music.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Another Marriage Equality Group Calls It Quits
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?