ODonnell gives up one of her children
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 21 2001 12:00 AM ET
The New York Daily News reports that talk-show host Rosie ODonnell had to give up one of her four adopted children last month. Three-year-old Mia, who was brought home by ODonnell nine months ago, apparently continued to exhibit symptoms of past abuse such as waking up screaming and scratching her arms. ODonnell explained, There were real danger concerns with my baby Blakie. Mia has been taken for treatment at a mental health center. ODonnell stated, Im just praying the doctors decide she can come back.... Its a tragedy for me and my whole family. I think I can save everyone. Its my weakness and my strength.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- WATCH: Is CNN Coverage of Virginia Gunman Homophobic?
- PHOTOS: Equality Advocates Picket Antigay Kentucky Clerk