Hedda Lettuce hosting Fashion Rocks Broadway
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
The first annual Fashion Rocks Broadwaypresented by New York Fashion Cares, a collaboration of professionals devoted to philanthropic pursuitswill be hosted by drag legend Hedda Lettuce (a.k.a. Steven Polito). The event is being staged at Studio 54 and will feature the work of established designers Diane Von Furstenberg, Vivienne Tam, Pamela Dennis, and Cynthia Steffe along with up-and-coming names such as Shoshanna Lonstein, Alice Roi, and Rebecca Taylor. The evening is styled as a cabaret and will also feature the talents of Broadway performers Alice Ripley (The Rocky Horror Picture Show), Annie Golden (The Full Monty), Deborah Gibson (Cinderella), and Idina Menzel (Rent). Beneficiaries of this years show include the Bronx Lebanon Hospital, Breast Examination Center of Harlem, and Broadway Cares. For further information, call (212) 221-5054.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People