Michael Barrymore arrested in drowning incident
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2001 12:00 AM ET
Gay British television personality Michael Barrymore has been arrested in connection with a drowning accident at his estate, according to The [London] Mirror. Barrymore, 49, star of the shows Kids Say the Funniest Things and My Kind of People, was taken to the police station in Harlow along with former lover John Kenney, 31, and Justin Merritt, 26. The arrest was for suspicion of possession and supply of a class B drug, possession of a class A drug, and allowing his home to be used for the taking of a class B drug. The body of the drowning victim, a 31-year-old meat factory worker, was found to contain traces of cocaine, ecstasy, Viagra, and alcohol as well as evidence of sexual injuries. The suspects were all released on bail and told to report back to the Harlow police station August 15.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope'
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope' 1 hour 40 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 4:00 AM
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM