Michael Barrymore arrested in drowning incident
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2001 12:00 AM ET
Gay British television personality Michael Barrymore has been arrested in connection with a drowning accident at his estate, according to The [London] Mirror. Barrymore, 49, star of the shows Kids Say the Funniest Things and My Kind of People, was taken to the police station in Harlow along with former lover John Kenney, 31, and Justin Merritt, 26. The arrest was for suspicion of possession and supply of a class B drug, possession of a class A drug, and allowing his home to be used for the taking of a class B drug. The body of the drowning victim, a 31-year-old meat factory worker, was found to contain traces of cocaine, ecstasy, Viagra, and alcohol as well as evidence of sexual injuries. The suspects were all released on bail and told to report back to the Harlow police station August 15.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival