Madonnas taste in art proves controversial, even in her own house
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 23 2001 12:00 AM ET
The New York Post reports that one of Madonnas favorite pictures, a painting by bisexual artist Frida Kahlo titled My Birth, which graphically shows a child emerging from its mothers body, is giving the creeps to husband Guy Ritchie (Snatch). Madonna acquired the piece 10 years ago and has shuttled it between her New York and Los Angeles homes ever since. Ritchie is apparently asking that the explicit picture not be so prominent; there have even been claims on a British gossip Web site that the thing gives daughter Lourdes nightmares. Liz Rosenberg, Madonnas rep, says the story is ridiculous, especially since Madonna has exposed her daughter to many forms of art since she was very, very young. Rosenberg went on to explain that it is a beautiful work of art and is simply a manifestation of Madonnas fascination with the philosophy and life of Frida Kahlo.
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- #TBT: The Massive, Masculine Art of Robert Riggs
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana