Madonnas taste in art proves controversial, even in her own house
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 23 2001 12:00 AM ET
The New York Post reports that one of Madonnas favorite pictures, a painting by bisexual artist Frida Kahlo titled My Birth, which graphically shows a child emerging from its mothers body, is giving the creeps to husband Guy Ritchie (Snatch). Madonna acquired the piece 10 years ago and has shuttled it between her New York and Los Angeles homes ever since. Ritchie is apparently asking that the explicit picture not be so prominent; there have even been claims on a British gossip Web site that the thing gives daughter Lourdes nightmares. Liz Rosenberg, Madonnas rep, says the story is ridiculous, especially since Madonna has exposed her daughter to many forms of art since she was very, very young. Rosenberg went on to explain that it is a beautiful work of art and is simply a manifestation of Madonnas fascination with the philosophy and life of Frida Kahlo.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'