Kate Beckinsale moves toward Lisa Cholodenko's Laurel Canyon
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 05 2001 11:00 PM ET
Actress Kate Beckinsale (Pearl Harbor, Cold Comfort Farm) is close to joining the cast of Laurel Canyon, the next film from out writer-director Lisa Cholodenko (High Art), according to The Hollywood Reporter. The film will star Frances McDormand as a free spirit who clashes with her buttoned-up son when he returns to Los Angeles with his upper-crust girlfriend (Beckinsale) following his graduation from Harvard Medical School. Christian Bale (American Psycho, Velvet Goldmine) is considering playing the son.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Richard Blanco Talks Pilgrims, Poetry, and His Princely New Memoir