Kate Beckinsale moves toward Lisa Cholodenko's Laurel Canyon
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 06 2001 12:00 AM ET
Actress Kate Beckinsale (Pearl Harbor, Cold Comfort Farm) is close to joining the cast of Laurel Canyon, the next film from out writer-director Lisa Cholodenko (High Art), according to The Hollywood Reporter. The film will star Frances McDormand as a free spirit who clashes with her buttoned-up son when he returns to Los Angeles with his upper-crust girlfriend (Beckinsale) following his graduation from Harvard Medical School. Christian Bale (American Psycho, Velvet Goldmine) is considering playing the son.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide