Kate Beckinsale moves toward Lisa Cholodenko's Laurel Canyon
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 06 2001 12:00 AM ET
Actress Kate Beckinsale (Pearl Harbor, Cold Comfort Farm) is close to joining the cast of Laurel Canyon, the next film from out writer-director Lisa Cholodenko (High Art), according to The Hollywood Reporter. The film will star Frances McDormand as a free spirit who clashes with her buttoned-up son when he returns to Los Angeles with his upper-crust girlfriend (Beckinsale) following his graduation from Harvard Medical School. Christian Bale (American Psycho, Velvet Goldmine) is considering playing the son.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Where Are 1.5 Million Missing Black Men?
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Lost Pink Triangles