Rupert Everett lands series deal with NBC
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 02 2001 11:00 PM ET
Out actor and author Rupert Everett will develop a sitcom, Mr. Ambassador, for NBC, according to Variety. The network won a bidding war for the series with a deal said to be worth in excess of seven figures. Everett and Marc Platt will executive-produce the series, a fish-out-of-water comedy that will star Everett as a British ambassador stationed in Washington, D.C.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'