Rupert Everett lands series deal with NBC
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 02 2001 11:00 PM ET
Out actor and author Rupert Everett will develop a sitcom, Mr. Ambassador, for NBC, according to Variety. The network won a bidding war for the series with a deal said to be worth in excess of seven figures. Everett and Marc Platt will executive-produce the series, a fish-out-of-water comedy that will star Everett as a British ambassador stationed in Washington, D.C.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View