MAC Releasing acquires Prey for Rock and Roll
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 20 2003 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that MAC Releasing, in association with Samy Boy Films, has acquired North American distribution rights to lesbian rocker Cheri Lovedog's autobiographical musical Prey for Rock and Roll. The film stars Gina Gershon as the lead singer of an all-girl punk rock band. The film is scheduled to begin its platform release in late summer and early fall, and Gershon plans a club tour later this year to perform live sets that will include music from the film.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.