The Hours honored in Germany
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 11 2003 11:00 PM ET
The lesbian-themed Oscar-winning film The Hours, starring Nicole Kidman, won the German Filmpreis for Best Foreign Film on Friday. The Hours, directed by Stephen Daldry and adapted from the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by gay author Michael Cunningham, had nine Academy Award nominations and won Kidman an Oscar for Best Actress. It will receive the German "Lola" award at a gala ceremony for the German Film Prizes on June 9 in Berlin. The Best Foreign Film was named as a total of 10 German films were nominated to share 2.9 million Euros ($3 million) in prize money, to be awarded in June for three categories: best film, best documentary, and best children's film.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Leaked 'The Interview' Scene Puts James Franco in Bed With Kim Jong-Un
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment