The Hours honored in Germany
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 12 2003 12:00 AM ET
The lesbian-themed Oscar-winning film The Hours, starring Nicole Kidman, won the German Filmpreis for Best Foreign Film on Friday. The Hours, directed by Stephen Daldry and adapted from the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by gay author Michael Cunningham, had nine Academy Award nominations and won Kidman an Oscar for Best Actress. It will receive the German "Lola" award at a gala ceremony for the German Film Prizes on June 9 in Berlin. The Best Foreign Film was named as a total of 10 German films were nominated to share 2.9 million Euros ($3 million) in prize money, to be awarded in June for three categories: best film, best documentary, and best children's film.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series