The Hours honored in Germany
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 12 2003 12:00 AM ET
The lesbian-themed Oscar-winning film The Hours, starring Nicole Kidman, won the German Filmpreis for Best Foreign Film on Friday. The Hours, directed by Stephen Daldry and adapted from the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by gay author Michael Cunningham, had nine Academy Award nominations and won Kidman an Oscar for Best Actress. It will receive the German "Lola" award at a gala ceremony for the German Film Prizes on June 9 in Berlin. The Best Foreign Film was named as a total of 10 German films were nominated to share 2.9 million Euros ($3 million) in prize money, to be awarded in June for three categories: best film, best documentary, and best children's film.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Jamie Foxx Called Out for Crossing Line on Bruce Jenner Jokes