Liam Neeson researching for Bill Condon's Kinsey
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 06 2003 12:00 AM ET
In preparation for his next role, actor Liam Neeson is researching sex research pioneer Alfred Kinsey. Neeson and members of a film team visited Indiana University's Kinsey Institute this week to view its sex research collections and get acquainted with the Bloomington area, including the Elm Heights house where Kinsey and his family lived. The trip is part of the team's preparations for a film on Kinsey expected to be released next year. It will be directed by out Oscar winner Bill Condon, who also wrote the screenplay. Laura Linney will play Kinsey's wife, Clara.
The university's Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender, and Reproduction made its collections available, as it does for other researchers, said Nancy Lethem, director of development. Kinsey collected histories of people's sex lives and published his findings in two groundbreaking and controversial books, Sexual Behavior in the Human Male in 1947 and Sexual Behavior in the Human Female in 1953. He died of a heart attack in August 1956 at the age of 62.
Condon has said sources for his screenplay were Jonathan Gathorne-Hardy's 1998 biography Sex, the Measure of All Things: A Life of Alfred C. Kinsey, and Sex and the Scientist, a 1989 television documentary produced by Diane Ward. Neeson, 51, is known for his work in the films Schindler's List, Michael Collins, and Gangs of New York.
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis March 11 2014 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 March 11 2014 5:55 PM