Queer Eye's success continues unabated
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 21 2003 11:00 PM ET
Bravo's Queer Eye for the Straight Guy boasted its best ratings yet Tuesday night. The 10 p.m. episode of Queer Eye locked 2.9 million total viewers, nearly doubling the cable network's previously highest-rated program before the series joined the schedule. It also reset Bravo records in the 18-49 and 25-54 demographics, where it was basic cable's top draw for the night. Also at 10 p.m. the FX drama Nip/Tuck, from out creator Ryan Murphy, held on to the total viewers lead, outdrawing Queer Eye by 27,000 viewers. Although Nip/Tuck prevailed with just under 3 million viewers, it dropped from 3.3 million the previous week.
In other Queer Eye news, Variety reports that fashion expert Carson Kressley has signed with talent agency ICM for representation in all areas. His new agents will pursue other television gigs for Kressley as well as book and talk show possibilities. NBC will run another full-hour replay of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy in the ER time slot Thursday night.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers
- Sports WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers 1 hour 29 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black 2 hours 33 min ago
- Bisexual Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM