Queer Eye's success continues unabated
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 22 2003 12:00 AM ET
Bravo's Queer Eye for the Straight Guy boasted its best ratings yet Tuesday night. The 10 p.m. episode of Queer Eye locked 2.9 million total viewers, nearly doubling the cable network's previously highest-rated program before the series joined the schedule. It also reset Bravo records in the 18-49 and 25-54 demographics, where it was basic cable's top draw for the night. Also at 10 p.m. the FX drama Nip/Tuck, from out creator Ryan Murphy, held on to the total viewers lead, outdrawing Queer Eye by 27,000 viewers. Although Nip/Tuck prevailed with just under 3 million viewers, it dropped from 3.3 million the previous week.
In other Queer Eye news, Variety reports that fashion expert Carson Kressley has signed with talent agency ICM for representation in all areas. His new agents will pursue other television gigs for Kressley as well as book and talk show possibilities. NBC will run another full-hour replay of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy in the ER time slot Thursday night.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- WATCH: Kim Kardashian Says Family in Therapy, Totally Supportive
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party