Neil LaBute, Lisa Cholodenko among big-name directors attached to the second season of The L Word
June 05 2004 12:00 AM ET
Hot indie directors Neil LaBute (The Shape of Things, Nurse Betty) and Lisa Cholodenko (Laurel Canyon, High Art) are among several high-profile directors attached to direct episodes of the second season of Showtime's hit drama The L Word, according to Variety. Also stepping behind the camera for the lesbian-themed show's new season will be feature filmmakers Burr Steers (Igby Goes Down), Ernest Dickerson (Never Die Alone), Daniel Minahan (Series 7: The Contenders), Jeremy Podeswa (The Five Senses), Lynne Stopkewich (Kissed), Alison Maclean (Jesus' Son), and Tricia Brock (Killer Diller), along with the returning Rose Troche (The Safety of Objects, Go Fish). "What's remarkable is that several of these directors approached us after becoming fans of the show," said out Showtime entertainment president Robert Greenblatt. "The addition of these talented men and women represents our continuing goal of presenting television of the highest creative caliber." Production for season 2 of The L Word begins later in June, and new episodes will premiere in early 2005.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too