Hot Sheet: Party Mischief
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 25 2014 6:55 PM ET
7. THEATER: The Mystery of Irma Vep
The late Charles Ludlam’s classic send-up of gothic melodramas, with dashes of Poe, Hitchcock, and Shakespeare, gets a 30th-anniversary revival in New York City. After the mysterious death of his first wife, the titular Irma, Lord Edgar brings new mate Lady Enid to his creepy estate, Mandacrest, where werewolves, vampires, and mummies lurk. Two actors play multiple roles under the direction of Everett Quinton, Ludlam’s life partner, who costarred with him in the original production. Red Bull Theater presents the show at the Lucille Lortel Theater in Greenwich Village; it runs through May 11, and there will be onstage discussions after the next two Sunday matinees. Tickets and more info here. – Trudy Ring
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment