Hot Sheet: Party Mischief
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 25 2014 7:55 PM ET
7. THEATER: The Mystery of Irma Vep
The late Charles Ludlam’s classic send-up of gothic melodramas, with dashes of Poe, Hitchcock, and Shakespeare, gets a 30th-anniversary revival in New York City. After the mysterious death of his first wife, the titular Irma, Lord Edgar brings new mate Lady Enid to his creepy estate, Mandacrest, where werewolves, vampires, and mummies lurk. Two actors play multiple roles under the direction of Everett Quinton, Ludlam’s life partner, who costarred with him in the original production. Red Bull Theater presents the show at the Lucille Lortel Theater in Greenwich Village; it runs through May 11, and there will be onstage discussions after the next two Sunday matinees. Tickets and more info here. – Trudy Ring
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'