Rosie O'Donnell Recovering From Heart Attack
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 20 2012 6:57 PM ET
Rosie O'Donnell says she had a heart attack last Tuesday and is "happy to be alive," according to a poem she posted on her blog titled "My Heart Attack."
The 50-year-old entertainer says she suffered the attack after trying to help a large woman out of her car. A few hours later O'Donnell began to experience aches in her chest, nausea, and soreness in both of her arms. After Googling "women's heart attack symptoms," she realized she was suffering from many of them. O'Donnell says she owes her survival to aspirin. “thank god / saved by a tv commercial / literally,” she writes.
O'Donnell had a stent inserted after doctors found that her coronary artery was 99% blocked. "She is now home and resting comfortably," Cindi Berger, O'Donnell's publicist, says to People. "She is very, very lucky."
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: The Prancing Elites Make It Rain
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'