Rosie O'Donnell Recovering From Heart Attack
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 20 2012 6:57 PM ET
Rosie O'Donnell says she had a heart attack last Tuesday and is "happy to be alive," according to a poem she posted on her blog titled "My Heart Attack."
The 50-year-old entertainer says she suffered the attack after trying to help a large woman out of her car. A few hours later O'Donnell began to experience aches in her chest, nausea, and soreness in both of her arms. After Googling "women's heart attack symptoms," she realized she was suffering from many of them. O'Donnell says she owes her survival to aspirin. “thank god / saved by a tv commercial / literally,” she writes.
O'Donnell had a stent inserted after doctors found that her coronary artery was 99% blocked. "She is now home and resting comfortably," Cindi Berger, O'Donnell's publicist, says to People. "She is very, very lucky."
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Op-ed: The Real Ramifications of the Rentboy Raid
- WATCH: Kentucky Same-Sex Couples Discuss Kim Davis's Denial
- Why Are We Gay?