Rosie O'Donnell Recovering From Heart Attack
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 20 2012 5:57 PM ET
Rosie O'Donnell says she had a heart attack last Tuesday and is "happy to be alive," according to a poem she posted on her blog titled "My Heart Attack."
The 50-year-old entertainer says she suffered the attack after trying to help a large woman out of her car. A few hours later O'Donnell began to experience aches in her chest, nausea, and soreness in both of her arms. After Googling "women's heart attack symptoms," she realized she was suffering from many of them. O'Donnell says she owes her survival to aspirin. “thank god / saved by a tv commercial / literally,” she writes.
O'Donnell had a stent inserted after doctors found that her coronary artery was 99% blocked. "She is now home and resting comfortably," Cindi Berger, O'Donnell's publicist, says to People. "She is very, very lucky."
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- PHOTOS: Jesus Days
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- Is Winnie the Pooh Transgender or Intersex?
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum