Ian McKellen: 'I'm Going to Marry Patrick Stewart'
BY Jase Peeples
March 21 2013 3:02 PM ET
"I'm going to marry Patrick," Sir Ian McKellen said slyly during a guest appearance on the U.K.’s Jonathan Ross Show before adding, "I am going to officiate at his wedding."
McKellen broke the news he would be doing the honors when Stewart and jazz singer Sunny Ozell tie the knot after Ross revealed his excitement over the stars reuniting to reprise their roles as Magneto and Professor X in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
When Ross asked how McKellen could legally officiate a wedding, the actor joked saying he didn’t know, but he simply planned to "read out the words, and Sunny and Patrick will then be married — I declare you man and wife."
However, this won’t be McKellen’s first time officiating. "I've done it once before, with two guys having a civil partnership," McKellen said. "I was crying my eyes out."
McKellen wasn’t sure what he planned to wear for Stewart and Ozell’s big day, but he joked he was thinking of being more subtle than he had been in the past. "Last time, I went with a sort of gown, white, something I bought in India — it was rather fetching," McKellen told Ross. "You musn't upstage the bride."
See McKellen’s full segment from the Jonathan Ross Show below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs 25 min 31 sec ago
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy 28 min 33 sec ago
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1:01 PM
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM