Queer Singer Beth Ditto Arrested
BY Jase Peeples
March 24 2013 2:00 PM ET
Beth Ditto, queer front woman for the dance-punk band Gossip, was arrested Friday, March 16 and charged with second-degree disorderly conduct.
Oregon’s Willamette Week reports:
According to a source at the Bungalo Bar on 4205 N Mississippi Ave., Ditto was cut off from drink service at that bar early Saturday morning because she appeared to be inebriated, and upon leaving the bar "walked out in the middle of the street, threw off her shoes and purse and screamed OBAMA! OBAMA!" as friends arrived to try to put her in a car.
"The cops came," continues the source. "Like 10 or 12 cars. Guy was tagging a wall down the street."
Ms. Ditto caught the police's attention after they cuffed the graffiti suspect, said the source. "They said she was somebody famous. I didn't know."
A court date is currently pending.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Priest Dismissed by Catholic College Comes Out as Gay
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide