Queer Singer Beth Ditto Arrested
BY Jase Peeples
March 24 2013 1:00 PM ET
Beth Ditto, queer front woman for the dance-punk band Gossip, was arrested Friday, March 16 and charged with second-degree disorderly conduct.
Oregon’s Willamette Week reports:
According to a source at the Bungalo Bar on 4205 N Mississippi Ave., Ditto was cut off from drink service at that bar early Saturday morning because she appeared to be inebriated, and upon leaving the bar "walked out in the middle of the street, threw off her shoes and purse and screamed OBAMA! OBAMA!" as friends arrived to try to put her in a car.
"The cops came," continues the source. "Like 10 or 12 cars. Guy was tagging a wall down the street."
Ms. Ditto caught the police's attention after they cuffed the graffiti suspect, said the source. "They said she was somebody famous. I didn't know."
A court date is currently pending.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher 1 hour 5 min ago
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts 1 hour 36 min ago
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex 2 hours 32 min ago
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson 6:03 PM
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 4:20 PM