Queer Singer Beth Ditto Arrested
BY Jase Peeples
March 24 2013 1:00 PM ET
Beth Ditto, queer front woman for the dance-punk band Gossip, was arrested Friday, March 16 and charged with second-degree disorderly conduct.
Oregon’s Willamette Week reports:
According to a source at the Bungalo Bar on 4205 N Mississippi Ave., Ditto was cut off from drink service at that bar early Saturday morning because she appeared to be inebriated, and upon leaving the bar "walked out in the middle of the street, threw off her shoes and purse and screamed OBAMA! OBAMA!" as friends arrived to try to put her in a car.
"The cops came," continues the source. "Like 10 or 12 cars. Guy was tagging a wall down the street."
Ms. Ditto caught the police's attention after they cuffed the graffiti suspect, said the source. "They said she was somebody famous. I didn't know."
A court date is currently pending.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died