WATCH: Science Geeks Come Out
BY Brian Andersen
June 12 2014 8:38 PM ET
Mitchell Moffit and Gregory Brown, the smart, adorable, and clever hosts of the very popular YouTube series AsapSCIENCE posted a video yesterday in which they came out as both gay and a couple of seven and a half years.
The reason for the video and the announcement was for the guys to address the numerous antigay comments they’ve received on their videos.
“Although, in general, our YouTube experience has been extremely phenomenal and supportive, we’ve also experienced a lot of negativity and discussions around our sexuality. And therefore we felt the need to sort of come again,” Brown says in the video, noting that both he and Moffit have been out, proud gay men since “late high school.”
“Part of our mission with AsapSCIENCE has been to make it as inclusive and accessible as possible, and that’s not only through relatable topics or humor, but also by breaking down gender stereotypes and using drawings that represent … different stick-figure family orientations,” Moffit adds. “Because that’s the way the world is and we think that the enjoyment of the scientific exploration process should be available to everyone.”
Watch their video announcement below.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What the Bible Really Says
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- Britney Spears Heartfelt Letter to Once Suicidal Gay Fan