BY Christopher Mangum
October 28 2009 2:15 PM ET
Italian fashion designer Giorgio Armani hinted on Tuesday that he is moving closer to retirement and making plans for who will take over his fashion empire.
"I'm already organizing staff who will continue my work," said the 75-year-old Armani, according to Reuters. "Of course I am not eternal; there comes a time when you must hand it over."
Armani has been vague about his plans and has not publicly designated a successor on either the creative or the management side.
Late last month Armani made several management changes, signaling an easing of his workload. The designer is also reshuffling his agenda to take better care of himself.
Armani was diagnosed with hepatitis in May, and Reuters described the designer as appearing “still frail” on Tuesday from his bout with the disease.
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! December 06 2013 6:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse December 06 2013 4:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen December 06 2013 4:07 PM