André Leon Talley Shows Off His 'Little Black Dress'
BY Sunnivie Brydum
September 28 2012 6:59 PM ET
Fashion icon André Leon Talley, Vogue editor and frequent guest on America's Next Top Model and Entertainment Tonight, is curating a special exhibition at the Savannah College of Art and Design called Little Black Dress. The exhibition opens today in Savannah, Ga., and features more than 80 designer dresses from the modern canon of fashion's elite, including Chanel, L'Wren Scott, Givenchy, Cushnie et Ochs, Tom Ford, Yves Saint Lauren, Stella McCartney, and many more
The exhibition, which runs through January 27, also features frocks from up-and-coming student designers at the college and a host of celebrity picks, including little black dresses worn by Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey, and others. The event is sponsored by MAC Cosmetics.
"Little Black Dress is designed to showcase the divergent and individual manifestations of the little black dress across this modern century and the last," said Talley in a press release. "The exhibition highlights the strength of individualism, charting the evolution of the little black dress from its native definition of invariable propriety, to new and distinctly contemporary explorations of texture, tone, and silhouette."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News CA Town Hoists And Promptly Removes Gay Pride Flag 19 min 59 sec ago
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 6:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 5:05 AM
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 4:00 AM
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM