André Leon Talley Shows Off His 'Little Black Dress'
BY Sunnivie Brydum
September 28 2012 5:59 PM ET
Fashion icon André Leon Talley, Vogue editor and frequent guest on America's Next Top Model and Entertainment Tonight, is curating a special exhibition at the Savannah College of Art and Design called Little Black Dress. The exhibition opens today in Savannah, Ga., and features more than 80 designer dresses from the modern canon of fashion's elite, including Chanel, L'Wren Scott, Givenchy, Cushnie et Ochs, Tom Ford, Yves Saint Lauren, Stella McCartney, and many more
The exhibition, which runs through January 27, also features frocks from up-and-coming student designers at the college and a host of celebrity picks, including little black dresses worn by Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey, and others. The event is sponsored by MAC Cosmetics.
"Little Black Dress is designed to showcase the divergent and individual manifestations of the little black dress across this modern century and the last," said Talley in a press release. "The exhibition highlights the strength of individualism, charting the evolution of the little black dress from its native definition of invariable propriety, to new and distinctly contemporary explorations of texture, tone, and silhouette."
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes
- Commentary Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation 1 hour 23 min ago
- Day in LGBT America The Many Faces of LGBT Family 2 hours 23 min ago
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 2 hours 23 min ago
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM