Kristin Bauer van Straten: Summer of Pam
BY Brandon Voss
June 21 2011 7:45 PM ET
Does a naked Alexander Skarsgård on set even faze you anymore, or can you still appreciate it?
Oh, I can still appreciate it. My dad used to say, “I’m married; I’m not dead.” You can appreciate beauty on a set just as you can appreciate beauty in a museum, and there’s a lot of beauty on our show. I can also appreciate the women, so I can look at all of it and go, “Wow, that’s pretty fine.”
You appeared as a member of the popular “A group” in another gay fan favorite, Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion. What was that experience like?
That was so much fun. Like True Blood, that movie had a lot of big scenes that you’re filming for a good month, 17 hours a day, so you really get to know the people you’re standing next to. I’m still very good friends with my costars Elaine Hendrix — Elaine is a fellow animal-rescuer — and Julia Campbell. That’s an iconic movie, but you don’t know that when you’re filming it, so it’s fun to see your work live on and continue to be appreciated. Now my nieces are watching that movie.
After 15 years, do fans still recognize you from your infamous Seinfeld episode?
They do. I usually see a pretty funny expression on peoples’ faces when they find out that Pam is also “man hands.”
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats
- Op-ed: How We Can Address Homophobia at the Doctor's Office
- These Are the U.S. Trans Women Killed in 2015