The LGBT Parents of Prime Time
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
January 14 2013 12:00 PM ET
Barney's moms on Raising Hope
One of TV's funniest sitcoms, about the working-poor and lovably progressive Chance family, featured one of the year's gayest episodes (where Mom, Dad, and Jimmy all end up at a gay bar). But it's Jimmy's boss, grocery store owner Barney, who has the clearest lesbo-adjacency. Barney, played by actor Gregg Binkley, has two mommies — as viewers learned during one concerned birthday phone call he places to them. Here's hoping next season we see who they are.
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World