The LGBT Parents of Prime Time
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
January 14 2013 12:00 PM ET
Barney's moms on Raising Hope
One of TV's funniest sitcoms, about the working-poor and lovably progressive Chance family, featured one of the year's gayest episodes (where Mom, Dad, and Jimmy all end up at a gay bar). But it's Jimmy's boss, grocery store owner Barney, who has the clearest lesbo-adjacency. Barney, played by actor Gregg Binkley, has two mommies — as viewers learned during one concerned birthday phone call he places to them. Here's hoping next season we see who they are.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison