WATCH: Lesbian Character Could Be Coming to Gotham
BY Patrick Yacco
May 07 2014 1:30 PM ET
Last month John Cunningham of DC Comics announced that fan-favorite character Renee Montoya, a lesbian in the comic books, is expected to make an appearance in Gotham, the upcoming new series from Fox based on the characters of the Batman universe.
While no casting details have yet been announced, nor whether or not Montoya’s sexuality will remain the same in the series, Fox has recently debuted a trailer for its upcoming series.
Gotham will focus on the time period in Gotham City before Batman’s appearance and stars Ben McKenzie as a young James Gordon. Based on the popular DC Comics characters, the show tracks the rise of Gordon through the ranks of the city’s police department and the paths of various other characters.
The trailer focuses on the infamous murder of Bruce Wayne’s parents as well as the beginnings of other well-known individuals such as the Penguin, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy.
Jada Pinkett Smith is also featured in the promo, appearing as the mysterious Fish Mooney, a new addition to the Batman mythos.
Though she doesn't appear in this trailer, we're keeping our fingers crossed that we get a glimpse of DC's kick-ass lesbian law woman Montoya soon.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'