Two Gay Characters and Wentworth Miller Coming to CW's The Flash
BY Ross von Metzke
July 23 2014 2:14 PM ET
The CW’s upcoming DC comics series The Flash, starring former Glee gay warbler Grant Gustin, won’t premiere until October.
But writer/producer Greg Berlanti is already dropping major teases about the series, including his announcement that the show will feature two gay characters in the first season.
Berlanti (Brothers & Sisters, The Green Lantern) revealed to The Huffington Post that David Singh, a gay DC Comics character, will be part of The Flash universe. He’ll be played by Patrick Sabongui and recurring throughout the first season.
Berlanti wouldn’t name names but revealed that another DC comics character who is also gay will appear during the show’s first season.
This announcement comes on the heels of news that out actor Wentworth Miller had joined the cast of The Flash as Leonard Snart, aka Captain Cold.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality