Two Gay Characters and Wentworth Miller Coming to CW's The Flash
BY Ross von Metzke
July 23 2014 2:14 PM ET
The CW’s upcoming DC comics series The Flash, starring former Glee gay warbler Grant Gustin, won’t premiere until October.
But writer/producer Greg Berlanti is already dropping major teases about the series, including his announcement that the show will feature two gay characters in the first season.
Berlanti (Brothers & Sisters, The Green Lantern) revealed to The Huffington Post that David Singh, a gay DC Comics character, will be part of The Flash universe. He’ll be played by Patrick Sabongui and recurring throughout the first season.
Berlanti wouldn’t name names but revealed that another DC comics character who is also gay will appear during the show’s first season.
This announcement comes on the heels of news that out actor Wentworth Miller had joined the cast of The Flash as Leonard Snart, aka Captain Cold.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown