Two Gay Characters and Wentworth Miller Coming to CW's The Flash
BY Ross von Metzke
July 23 2014 2:14 PM ET
The CW’s upcoming DC comics series The Flash, starring former Glee gay warbler Grant Gustin, won’t premiere until October.
But writer/producer Greg Berlanti is already dropping major teases about the series, including his announcement that the show will feature two gay characters in the first season.
Berlanti (Brothers & Sisters, The Green Lantern) revealed to The Huffington Post that David Singh, a gay DC Comics character, will be part of The Flash universe. He’ll be played by Patrick Sabongui and recurring throughout the first season.
Berlanti wouldn’t name names but revealed that another DC comics character who is also gay will appear during the show’s first season.
This announcement comes on the heels of news that out actor Wentworth Miller had joined the cast of The Flash as Leonard Snart, aka Captain Cold.
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- The Backlash
- WATCH: Preview of Tomorrow's Supreme Court Argument
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions