Leslie Jordan: My 10 Favorite Drag Songs
BY Advocate Contributors
April 14 2010 3:20 PM ET
Dusty Springfield: "Son of a Preacher Man" — Took me to places I could only imagine, as the son of my preacher was much younger than me but a real looker. I used to pretend he got me pregnant. But as we'd "head out the back door as they sat talkin’... then he'd look into my eyes and Lord knows to my surprise," I showed real surprise and the effect brought the house down.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us
- Surprising No One, Texas State Senate Reaffirms Opposition to Marriage Equality
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans