Leslie Jordan: My 10 Favorite Drag Songs
BY Advocate Contributors
April 14 2010 3:20 PM ET
Dusty Springfield: "Son of a Preacher Man" — Took me to places I could only imagine, as the son of my preacher was much younger than me but a real looker. I used to pretend he got me pregnant. But as we'd "head out the back door as they sat talkin’... then he'd look into my eyes and Lord knows to my surprise," I showed real surprise and the effect brought the house down.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series