Silence! is a Horror Comedy Musical Worth Making Noise About
BY Daniel Villarreal
December 12 2012 4:50 PM ET
Whether you loved the 1991 psychological horror film The Silence of the Lambs for all its cannibalistic glee or couldn't stomach Hannibal Lecter and Buffalo Bill making mincemeat out of their victims, you'll probably laugh out loud at Silence! The Musical.
It's an unabashed musical parody of The Silence of the Lambs that keeps the horrifying tale of FBI agent Clarice Starling's hunt for a serial lady killer true to the film. But the plays adds a hilarious dose of over-the-top comedy to keep you in smiles rather than dread.
While the villain of the play remains equal parts funny and frightening, the play also incorporates singing, dancing lambs; a tango between two people separated by a glass partition and sharp, clever lyrics that will shock you with an amazing mix of high and lowbrow humor.
According to Here TV host Josh Rosenzweig, Silence! is an off-Broadway production totally worth making noise over.
Watch his review in the video below:
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight