Silence! is a Horror Comedy Musical Worth Making Noise About
BY Daniel Villarreal
December 12 2012 4:50 PM ET
Whether you loved the 1991 psychological horror film The Silence of the Lambs for all its cannibalistic glee or couldn't stomach Hannibal Lecter and Buffalo Bill making mincemeat out of their victims, you'll probably laugh out loud at Silence! The Musical.
It's an unabashed musical parody of The Silence of the Lambs that keeps the horrifying tale of FBI agent Clarice Starling's hunt for a serial lady killer true to the film. But the plays adds a hilarious dose of over-the-top comedy to keep you in smiles rather than dread.
While the villain of the play remains equal parts funny and frightening, the play also incorporates singing, dancing lambs; a tango between two people separated by a glass partition and sharp, clever lyrics that will shock you with an amazing mix of high and lowbrow humor.
According to Here TV host Josh Rosenzweig, Silence! is an off-Broadway production totally worth making noise over.
Watch his review in the video below:
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!