Silence! is a Horror Comedy Musical Worth Making Noise About
BY Daniel Villarreal
December 12 2012 4:50 PM ET
Whether you loved the 1991 psychological horror film The Silence of the Lambs for all its cannibalistic glee or couldn't stomach Hannibal Lecter and Buffalo Bill making mincemeat out of their victims, you'll probably laugh out loud at Silence! The Musical.
It's an unabashed musical parody of The Silence of the Lambs that keeps the horrifying tale of FBI agent Clarice Starling's hunt for a serial lady killer true to the film. But the plays adds a hilarious dose of over-the-top comedy to keep you in smiles rather than dread.
While the villain of the play remains equal parts funny and frightening, the play also incorporates singing, dancing lambs; a tango between two people separated by a glass partition and sharp, clever lyrics that will shock you with an amazing mix of high and lowbrow humor.
According to Here TV host Josh Rosenzweig, Silence! is an off-Broadway production totally worth making noise over.
Watch his review in the video below:
- LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades
- Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia
- Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death?
- WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video
- A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Commentary Op-ed: The Policies Keeping Trans People From Military Service 2 hours 20 sec ago
- Politics A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade 3:00 AM
- Love and Sex WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video 2:19 AM
- Religion LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades 2:10 AM
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade March 16 2014 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? March 16 2014 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? March 16 2014 1:12 PM