Dallas Officer Under Investigation For Chick-fil-A Intimidation
BY Daniel Reynolds
August 09 2012 8:40 PM ET
A Dallas police sergeant is under investigation after bringing a Chick-fil-A sandwich back to the station — and allegedly making inappropriate comments to two lesbian police officers about the purchase.
The incident occurred last week during Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, a nationwide event organized by former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee to protest same-sex marriage. According to the Dallas Voice, Sgt. Mark Johnson placed a Chick-fil-A bag in front of the lesbian officers, and allegedly made offensive remarks.
Later that day, the women claim the sergeant was looking at them as he read a detail report about an expected kiss-in to be held at Chick-fil-A that Friday. The kiss-in was organized by LGBT organizations as a counter-strike against Huckabee’s Appreciation Day.
“I’ve heard two sides of the story, so I will let the investigation play out,” assistant chief Michael Genovesi told The Dallas Morning News. “Clearly there was some conversation between he and a couple of subordinates regarding Chick-Fil-A.”
The sergeant has been transferred to jail duty pending the results of the investigation.
- PHOTOS: French Photographer Fights Homophobia With 'Imaginary Couples'
- WATCH: Gay Marine Proposes to Boyfriend
- WATCH: For Father's Day, This 10-Year-Old Wants Job Security for Her Gay Dads
- Op-ed: Why Cindy McCain Really Is a 'Hero'
- No Marriage Rulings From Supremes Today
- PHOTOS: Pride, Right Here in Iowa City
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel PHOTOS: L.A.'s Favorite Park Reopens After $45M Renovation June 17 2013 8:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Series Easy Abby Season Finale June 17 2013 8:16 PM
- Women Melissa Etheridge Says Angelina Jolie Made 'Fearful Choice' on Breast Cancer June 17 2013 6:46 PM
- Entertainment News NYC Gay Bar Gets Reality Show... June 17 2013 6:09 PM
- Women Duh: Ellen DeGeneres Is Still Most Recognizable Gay American June 17 2013 6:07 PM
- Sports Greg Louganis is Getting Married June 17 2013 6:06 PM
- Religion Gay Catholics Turn Their Backs to Cardinal Who Compared LGBT Equality to KKK June 17 2013 5:20 PM