Lesbian Chef Sues Celebrity-Laden Hollywood Restaurant
BY Neal Broverman
February 23 2013 2:39 PM ET
Keyon Wilson, an African-American lesbian, is suing the owner of Hollywood's popular Cleo restaurant after alleging antigay, racist, and misogynist treatment by co-workers.
Wilson was a chef at Cleo, part of the Redbury Hotel near the intsersection of Hollywood and Vine. Wilson claims she was called a "fat ass"; that co-workers made references to Rosa Parks and getting to the back of the bus; that she was quizzed on the sexual proclivities of gay men. Wilson says she complained to human resources, but the abuse continued and worsened. She quit after a month of work and initiated a lawsuit.
Cleo is popular with celebrities like Jamie Foxx; it's owned by SBE, which owns several Los Angeles restaurants and clubs, including The Abbey in West Hollywood, arguably one of the most famous gay bars in the world.
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen 47 min 54 sec ago
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival 2 hours 10 min ago
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 2 hours 26 min ago
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 2 hours 43 min ago
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 5:55 PM