BY Advocate Contributors
September 21 2010 12:30 AM ET
At AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah, our diversity in culture, ideas and perspectives has become our greatest asset in developing new and better ways to serve our ever-expanding and diverse membership. We believe diversity is key to staying on top of todayâ€™s global marketplace and weâ€™re making sure that itâ€™s in the heart of everything we do.
We support and encourage our employees to participate in our Regional Diversity Councils and Employee Resource Groups, namely: AAA Pride, Asian Pacific Islander Connection, Black Employees Association, Hispanic Employees Association, Disabilities Network, Native American Indian Association,â€¨and Womenâ€™s Initiative Network. These diversity groups help address barriers to inclusiveness and the productive performance of their members within the company.
We foster greater levels of diversity and inclusion in our workforce with our award-winning AAA Volunteer programs. Every year, more than 65% of AAA NCNU employees volunteer thousands of hours of service to the communities where we work and live. Our employees have reached out to local charities and food banks, and participated in hundreds of relief efforts and fundraising events for cancer research and disease prevention.
Among numerous recognitions, AAA NCNU has been awarded Best Place to Work for LGBT by the Human Rights Campaign for five years in a row, as well as the Award of Excellence from the Points of Light Foundation, the most prestigious national award
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM