BY Advocate Contributors
September 21 2010 12:30 AM ET
At AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah, our diversity in culture, ideas and perspectives has become our greatest asset in developing new and better ways to serve our ever-expanding and diverse membership. We believe diversity is key to staying on top of today’s global marketplace and we’re making sure that it’s in the heart of everything we do.
We support and encourage our employees to participate in our Regional Diversity Councils and Employee Resource Groups, namely: AAA Pride, Asian Pacific Islander Connection, Black Employees Association, Hispanic Employees Association, Disabilities Network, Native American Indian Association, and Women’s Initiative Network. These diversity groups help address barriers to inclusiveness and the productive performance of their members within the company.
We foster greater levels of diversity and inclusion in our workforce with our award-winning AAA Volunteer programs. Every year, more than 65% of AAA NCNU employees volunteer thousands of hours of service to the communities where we work and live. Our employees have reached out to local charities and food banks, and participated in hundreds of relief efforts and fundraising events for cancer research and disease prevention.
Among numerous recognitions, AAA NCNU has been awarded Best Place to Work for LGBT by the Human Rights Campaign for five years in a row, as well as the Award of Excellence from the Points of Light Foundation, the most prestigious national award
- Retirement Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia 33 min 36 sec ago
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1 hour 22 min ago
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 2 hours 32 min ago
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop Dolan to NFL Hopeful Michael Sam: 'Bravo' UPDATED: March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM