BY Advocate Contributors
September 20 2010 11:30 PM ET
At AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah, our diversity in culture, ideas and perspectives has become our greatest asset in developing new and better ways to serve our ever-expanding and diverse membership. We believe diversity is key to staying on top of today’s global marketplace and we’re making sure that it’s in the heart of everything we do.
We support and encourage our employees to participate in our Regional Diversity Councils and Employee Resource Groups, namely: AAA Pride, Asian Pacific Islander Connection, Black Employees Association, Hispanic Employees Association, Disabilities Network, Native American Indian Association, and Women’s Initiative Network. These diversity groups help address barriers to inclusiveness and the productive performance of their members within the company.
We foster greater levels of diversity and inclusion in our workforce with our award-winning AAA Volunteer programs. Every year, more than 65% of AAA NCNU employees volunteer thousands of hours of service to the communities where we work and live. Our employees have reached out to local charities and food banks, and participated in hundreds of relief efforts and fundraising events for cancer research and disease prevention.
Among numerous recognitions, AAA NCNU has been awarded Best Place to Work for LGBT by the Human Rights Campaign for five years in a row, as well as the Award of Excellence from the Points of Light Foundation, the most prestigious national award
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark December 11 2013 7:01 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker December 11 2013 6:45 PM
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? December 11 2013 6:44 PM
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards December 11 2013 6:03 PM