BY Brandon Voss
April 01 2010 12:55 AM ET
You could discuss the phenomenon of women coming out late in life like Meredith Baxter.
Oh, yeah, I could. I like that she seemed so surprised in interviews. I feel bad for women sometimes because there’s so much pressure on us to be a certain way. I was clueless as to anything I really wanted to do with my life because so much energy went into being attractive to guys. I spent most of my life worrying about trying to snag a guy. Women are so busy taking care of all this other shit, how do they know what they really want? It’s like the comedy thing — I had no idea I wanted to do that. So I can understand when these women are like, “I was 55 when I realized I was a lesbian.”
Have you ever been intimate with a woman?
Well, I was in New York in the ’80s, when there was a lot of ecstasy and stuff going on, so there were a lot of wild nights. Have I ever had a relationship with a woman? No. Then again, I’m always trying to figure out who I’d be with if I was with a woman. There are two different ways to go, and I feel like I could go both ways. I could be with a very sensual-looking woman like Angelina Jolie — a lipstick lesbian-type. But when I was in this rehab in my ’20s, there was a very butch girl in there who was like a really cute guy to me, and I remember thinking that I could’ve gone that way too.
You’ll no doubt get hit on by girls at The Dinah. Will you welcome those advances?
Are you kidding? If anyone is attracted, I’m surprised and flattered. At this point in life, it’s a good thing if anyone asks me out.
I hear you recently went through a major breakup, so you’ve got to keep your options open.
Yeah, you do. I’m just glad I didn’t try to find another person to replace that person. When you’re younger, you get another person immediately. At least this time I took a break, which was incredibly helpful. I wish I’d done that my whole life.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Gun Advocate Uses Gays To Make His Point 1 hour 56 min ago
- Music EXCLUSIVE: Audra McDonald's 'Some Days' 8:56 AM
- Travel A Handy, Color-Coded Map to Gay Europe 8:43 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 4:40 AM
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 4:00 AM
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM