BY Brandon Voss
March 31 2010 11:55 PM ET
You could discuss the phenomenon of women coming out late in life like Meredith Baxter.
Oh, yeah, I could. I like that she seemed so surprised in interviews. I feel bad for women sometimes because there’s so much pressure on us to be a certain way. I was clueless as to anything I really wanted to do with my life because so much energy went into being attractive to guys. I spent most of my life worrying about trying to snag a guy. Women are so busy taking care of all this other shit, how do they know what they really want? It’s like the comedy thing — I had no idea I wanted to do that. So I can understand when these women are like, “I was 55 when I realized I was a lesbian.”
Have you ever been intimate with a woman?
Well, I was in New York in the ’80s, when there was a lot of ecstasy and stuff going on, so there were a lot of wild nights. Have I ever had a relationship with a woman? No. Then again, I’m always trying to figure out who I’d be with if I was with a woman. There are two different ways to go, and I feel like I could go both ways. I could be with a very sensual-looking woman like Angelina Jolie — a lipstick lesbian-type. But when I was in this rehab in my ’20s, there was a very butch girl in there who was like a really cute guy to me, and I remember thinking that I could’ve gone that way too.
You’ll no doubt get hit on by girls at The Dinah. Will you welcome those advances?
Are you kidding? If anyone is attracted, I’m surprised and flattered. At this point in life, it’s a good thing if anyone asks me out.
I hear you recently went through a major breakup, so you’ve got to keep your options open.
Yeah, you do. I’m just glad I didn’t try to find another person to replace that person. When you’re younger, you get another person immediately. At least this time I took a break, which was incredibly helpful. I wish I’d done that my whole life.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 2 hours 5 min ago
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 2 hours 10 min ago
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 2 hours 19 min ago
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 2 hours 23 min ago
- Film Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film 2 hours 24 min ago
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 2 hours 32 min ago
- Marriage Equality Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor 2 hours 37 min ago