WATCH: Chris Kluwe Takes His 'Lustful Monster' to Colbert
BY Sunnivie Brydum
January 09 2013 3:17 PM ET
Outspoken straight ally and Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe stopped by The Colbert Report Tuesday to talk equality with the satirically conservative Stephen Colbert.
Noting that "football players are a thousand miles from gay … men in tight pants patting each other on the butt," Colbert challenged Kluwe on his outspoken support for marriage equality, most notably penned in a scathing letter to a Maryland representative promising that supporting equality would not turn the homophobic legislator into a "lustful cockmonster."
"So far, with the defeat of the marriage amendment act in Minnesota," responded Kluwe, who campaigned against the amendment, "I have seen zero cockmonsters running around in the streets of Minnesota."
Watch Kluwe and Colbert riff on one another in the video below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music Q&A Quickie: Colton Ford on Sex, New Music, and The Lair 12 min 44 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Minneapolis Church Celebrates Marriage Equality with Rainbow Communion Bread 22 min 33 sec ago
- Commentary Can Marc Carson's Murder Have as Much Impact as Matthew Shepard's? 9:09 AM
- Music The Comeback: ABBA's Agnetha Fältskog 8:49 AM
- Travel 10 of Europe's Gayest Beaches 7:33 AM
- Current Issue The South's Longer Wait for Equality 4:00 AM
- Current Issue Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You 4:00 AM