WATCH: Chris Kluwe Takes His 'Lustful Monster' to Colbert
BY Sunnivie Brydum
January 09 2013 3:17 PM ET
Outspoken straight ally and Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe stopped by The Colbert Report Tuesday to talk equality with the satirically conservative Stephen Colbert.
Noting that "football players are a thousand miles from gay … men in tight pants patting each other on the butt," Colbert challenged Kluwe on his outspoken support for marriage equality, most notably penned in a scathing letter to a Maryland representative promising that supporting equality would not turn the homophobic legislator into a "lustful cockmonster."
"So far, with the defeat of the marriage amendment act in Minnesota," responded Kluwe, who campaigned against the amendment, "I have seen zero cockmonsters running around in the streets of Minnesota."
Watch Kluwe and Colbert riff on one another in the video below.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over