Dharun Ravi May Be Released 10 Days Early
BY Michelle Garcia
June 18 2012 4:11 PM ET
The Rutgers University student convicted of using a webcam to spy on his gay roommate, Tyler Clementi, is expected to be released Tuesday.
Dharun Ravi's 30-day sentence at Middlesex County Jail in New Jersey may be cut short, the New Jersey Star-Ledger reports. Warden Edmond Cicchi said Ravi is getting 10 days off for good behavior.
Ravi was also sentenced to serve 300 hours of community service in May after he was found guilty of multiple counts related to Clementi's suicide in 2010. He was not charged with causing Clementi's death.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 18 min 43 sec ago
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 52 min 53 sec ago
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy May 22 2013 7:01 PM