Dharun Ravi May Be Released 10 Days Early
BY Michelle Garcia
June 18 2012 4:11 PM ET
The Rutgers University student convicted of using a webcam to spy on his gay roommate, Tyler Clementi, is expected to be released Tuesday.
Dharun Ravi's 30-day sentence at Middlesex County Jail in New Jersey may be cut short, the New Jersey Star-Ledger reports. Warden Edmond Cicchi said Ravi is getting 10 days off for good behavior.
Ravi was also sentenced to serve 300 hours of community service in May after he was found guilty of multiple counts related to Clementi's suicide in 2010. He was not charged with causing Clementi's death.
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun