Trans Teen Murdered in Chicago
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 16 2012 2:44 PM ET
A gender variant teen has been murdered in Chicago a mere three blocks from where Paige Clay, another trans women, was found murdered in April.
Tiffany Gooden, 19, was found in an abandoned building on the city's West Side, according to Windy City Times. Reporter Kate Sosin says that Gooden had sufferered multiple stab wounds and incised wounds and the death has been ruled a homicide.
Brian Turner, an outreach coordinator at Taskforce Prevention and Community Services on the West Side, told Sosin that he wasn't sure if Gooden identified as transgender or used a female name and pronouns exclusively.
Transgender activist Joy Morris told the Times that Gooden and Clay were good friends. Scholar Kay Brown has estimated that 1 in 12 transgender people in the U.S. will end their life as murder victims, the marjority of them transgender women like Gooden and Clay.
More info will be posted as it becomes available.
- Parenting Forum Shows Key Role of Parents in Winning Rights for Gays and Lesbians in China 0 sec ago
- Television Meet the New Queens of RuPaul's Drag Race 1 hour 9 min ago
- Women WATCH: Real-Life Girlfriends Bria & Chrissy on '10 Things Lesbians Do on Saturdays' 1 hour 11 min ago
- Travel Stockholm Pride Sent an FU to Putin 1 hour 23 min ago
- Sports WATCH: Sportscaster Denies Calling Kansas Jayhawks 'Gayhawks' 1 hour 53 min ago
- Music 6 New Christmas Albums To Get You In the Holiday Mood 2 hours 20 min ago
- Film George Takei Documentary to Premiere at Sundance 2 hours 21 min ago