Lesbian Kills Daughter, Blames Bible Sermon After Partner Breaks Up With Her
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 31 2014 1:09 PM ET
A Florida woman has been charged with killing 2-year-old Elliana Lucas-Jamason and attempting to kill her 10-year-old brother, Ethan—two children she had co-parented with her partner of 21 years, Jacquelyn Jamason. According to WPTV, Kimberly Lucas and Jamason had broken up and though Jamason is the biological relation to the kids, the children definitely considered Lucas their other mother.
After drowning Elliana and drugging Ethan with benzodiazepine, Lucas, 40, attemped to commit suicide. She left a digital suicide note in which she blamed her former partner for the killing and also said she was inspired by a bible sermon she had heard the day before by Metropolitan Community Church pastor, Lea Brown.
Part of the sermon covered "Genesis 22," the section in which God asks Abraham to kill his son Isaac. Police say Lucas's suicide note read: "Lea's sermon really, really touched me yesterday, but God never told me to stop!" (In the Bible, God stops Abraham at the last minute, telling him to halt the killing because it was merely a test.")
Lucas's alleged suicide note also had a section aimed at her former partner: "In YOUR WORDS 'WHEN YOU ARE LAYING IN BED AT NIGHT REMEMBER YOU [expletive] DID THIS TOO YOURSELF!'"
Elliana's stepbrother Parker Gazo has set up a memorial fund in the toddler's name. Click here for information.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend