Tom Hardy Not Bi After All?
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 31 2010 11:40 AM ET
Comments from an interview with The Daily Mail in which actor Tom Hardy talked about the men he slept with in his 20s were reportedly taken out of context.
E! Online reports that a source close to the actor claims he was talking about a role when he made those comments and the reporter changed the interview around to make it seem like he was talking about himself. The source says Hardy was quoting from a script.
According to The Daily Mail, when asked if he’d ever slept with men, the Inception star replied: "As a boy? Of course I have. I'm an actor for f--k's sake. I’ve played with everything and everyone.”
E! Online suggests this may also be a case of a young actor distancing himself from some headline-grabbing comments, citing that according to his résumé, he’s played gay only once, in the action film RocknRolla. In that film Hardy played a mobster.
Read the full story here.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law