Tom Hardy Not Bi After All?
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 31 2010 11:40 AM ET
Comments from an interview with The Daily Mail in which actor Tom Hardy talked about the men he slept with in his 20s were reportedly taken out of context.
E! Online reports that a source close to the actor claims he was talking about a role when he made those comments and the reporter changed the interview around to make it seem like he was talking about himself. The source says Hardy was quoting from a script.
According to The Daily Mail, when asked if he’d ever slept with men, the Inception star replied: "As a boy? Of course I have. I'm an actor for f--k's sake. I’ve played with everything and everyone.”
E! Online suggests this may also be a case of a young actor distancing himself from some headline-grabbing comments, citing that according to his résumé, he’s played gay only once, in the action film RocknRolla. In that film Hardy played a mobster.
Read the full story here.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 1 hour 10 min ago
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 2 hours 10 min ago
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM