Kelly McGillis Ties the Knot
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 18 2010 5:25 PM ET
Kelly McGillis, the Top Gun actress who came out in an interview with SheWired.com last year, wed her longtime girlfriend Melanie Leis in a civil union on Wednesday in Collingswood, N.J., The New York Times reports.
Leis, a sales executive for Musak, was a bartender at a restaurant owned by McGillis and her second husband, Fred Tillman, when the two met back in 2000.
McGillis has two children with Tillman: Kelsey, 20, and Sonora, 17.
A huge star in the mid to late ’80s, McGillis dropped out of sight in the 1990s as she focused on raising her kids. She’s had a successful run onstage in recent years, drawing raves for her performance in The Little Foxes last year at the Pasadena Playhouse.
The actress told the Times of coming out last year, "That was one of those moments when somebody asked me a question, my kids had gone from home, so I really didn't have to protect anyone by skirting the question, and I just decided to be absolutely honest."
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- Dallas Councilwoman Objects to "Homosexual Conduct" in HIV Testing Billboard
- Study: Same-Sex Couples Suffer Discrimination in Rental Market
- PHOTOS: Pride From France to Italy to Greece
- Op-ed: Flying While Trans
- Russia Votes to Bar Gay Foreign Couples From Adopting
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 1 hour 13 min ago
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 1 hour 37 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 2 hours 58 min ago
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 5:44 PM
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 5:33 PM