Harvey Milk Stamp Promoted
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 29 2011 2:35 PM ET
Several LGBT activists are campaigning for the U.S. Postal Service to issue a stamp honoring Harvey Milk, and one of them says Milk would love it — and find it hilarious.
“He would get that twisted smile of his and say, ‘Hell, imagine all those straights having to lick my backside to send a piece of mail,’” writes David Mixner on his blog, DavidMixner.com.
Mixner says this is nonetheless a serious effort to honor the assassinated San Francisco city supervisor. Leaders of the campaign are Michael Gaffney and Nicole Murray-Ramirez, assisted by the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. Others involved include Mixner; Milk’s nephew Stuart Milk; Dustin Lance Black, Oscar-winning screenwriter of Milk; California assembly speaker John Pérez; Milk associate Cleve Jones; and the Reverend Troy Perry.
More information, Mixner says, is available by writing to [email protected]. For Mixner’s full blog post, click here.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples