Sia, J.D. Samson Confirm Split
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 13 2011 8:15 PM ET
Musicians and longtime couple J.D. Samson and Sia have confirmed via Twitter that they have broken up. Sia tweeted a message to her fans that read, "A lot of you have been asking, yes, Mr. Boop and I broke up four months ago. We love each other and are still friends."
Sia, perhaps best known for her haunting song "Breathe Me," used during the finale of Six Feet Under, will begin a North American tour July 21 to support her acclaimed album We Are Born. Samson's new band, Men, recently played at the Coachella music festival. Who Took the Bomp? a documentary that chronicles Samson's previous band, Le Tigre, was released on DVD last week.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'