Sia, J.D. Samson Confirm Split
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 13 2011 8:15 PM ET
Musicians and longtime couple J.D. Samson and Sia have confirmed via Twitter that they have broken up. Sia tweeted a message to her fans that read, "A lot of you have been asking, yes, Mr. Boop and I broke up four months ago. We love each other and are still friends."
Sia, perhaps best known for her haunting song "Breathe Me," used during the finale of Six Feet Under, will begin a North American tour July 21 to support her acclaimed album We Are Born. Samson's new band, Men, recently played at the Coachella music festival. Who Took the Bomp? a documentary that chronicles Samson's previous band, Le Tigre, was released on DVD last week.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM
- Comedy WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression May 19 2013 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? May 19 2013 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM