Donald Trump Jr. Used to Wish Every Guy Was Gay
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 14 2012 3:29 PM ET
Donald Trump Jr. comes out in support of same-sex marriage and says he used to wish every guy was gay so he could have more women, during an interview with The Six Pack.
DJ Ben Harvey and comedian Dave Rubin, who host the show on SiriusXM, ask Trump Jr. if he's in favor of marriage equality. "I'm totally for it," he replies. "One of my best friends growing up was gay. It's never been an issue for me."
He continues, adding, "I think there was a time in my life, probably in college, that I wished every guy was gay because it meant more woman for me! I don't know what everyone's problem with it is, I wish everyone was gay! That's always the way I thought about it. I have no issue with it. If I have to suffer through marriage why shouldn't they?"
Trump Jr. also confirms that his conservative billionaire father, who hosts Celebrity Apprentice, has met with fired contestant, out actor George Takei to discuss the marriage equality and the meeting was filmed.
He also attempts to clarify his father's stance on the issue."In terms of my fathers political views in the grand scheme of things there's other things he'd be concerned about first, given the state of the world and our economy," Trump Jr. says. "I think part of it, and perhaps the shame of being a conservative, is you almost have to have those kind of stances to win any kind of primary. And then you have to sell out and become a moderate in the middle just like you have to do if you're on the liberal side of the political spectrum."
Trump Jr. also addresses his love of hunting, which stirred controversy recently when photos leaked of his big game hunting expedition in Africa. "I'm kind of a closet redneck," he says. Listen to the complete interview here.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1 hour 20 min ago
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! May 21 2013 8:29 PM
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. May 21 2013 8:25 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' May 21 2013 8:03 PM
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude May 21 2013 8:00 PM