Obama Gets Big Applause on The Daily Show for Supporting LGBT Rights
BY Lucas Grindley
October 19 2012 12:26 PM ET
During an interview on The Daily Show on Thursday, President Obama raised his support for LGBT rights as a case for his reelection to the show's young viewers.
"You want a president in the Oval Office whose going to say, 'No, we're not going to amend the Constitution for the first time to restrict rights for gay and lesbian couples," Obama said, earning a big round of applause that interrupted his list of contrasts with Mitt Romney.
Obama said his record is "a strong story to tell," especially on "social issues like 'don't ask, don't tell.'"
Stewart also threw in a few "tougher" questions, like what to do about Joe Biden showing up to meetings in a wet bathing suit. Obama said he'd put an end to it. "I've got to say though," Obama quipped, "he looks pretty good."
Watch the complete interview below.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: My Bi Choice
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- Louisiana Judge Strikes Down State's Marriage Ban