Carly Rae Jepsen Wants the Boy Scouts to Change Their Ways
BY Christopher Rudolph
March 15 2013 4:18 PM ET
Carly Rae Jepsen, the pop songstress who stormed the radio airwaves last summer with Call Me Maybe, removed herself from the upcoming Boy Scouts Jamboree because of their stance on banning openly gay members. In the video below from MTV News, Jepsen explains her decision to drop out of the event: "I mean, it was sort of one of those things that I kind of have my opinions about, and everyone's entitled to their own, but it wasn't necessarily something that I felt comfortable backing once I learned more about it,” she then adds: “And that being said here's hoping they make the right decision and I'm praying that moves like this will help.”
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment