Who's Next? The Marriage Equality Waiting Room
BY Michelle Garcia
June 05 2013 2:41 PM ET
18. Nevada, 5.926
The major factor in establishing a marriage equality law in Nevada is time. "The effort in Nevada involves putting a repeal-and-replace initiative on the ballot in 2016, but that has to be passed by the current legislature [as it recently was] and then the next legislature before heading to the voters." When Nevada's state Senate passed the measure, Sen. Kelvin Atkinson came out to his colleagues and constituents in the process, and the state Assembly approved the bill shortly thereafter.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- 69-Year-Old Brit Would Go Back to Hellish Moroccan Prison to Save Boyfriend