Fox Reporter Sorry for Disparaging Rachel Maddow
BY Neal Broverman
November 10 2012 4:15 PM ET
A reporter at a Fox affiliate in Cincinnati apologized Friday for referring to MSNBC host Rachel Maddow as an "angry young man."
Tricia Macke posted the message on her personal Facebook page last month and was quickly taken to task. Instead of apologizing, Macke defended her comments, telling an upset commenter, "you are right... I am sorry. I should have said antagonistic."
GLAAD jumped on Macke and her employer when the post was discovered, and by Friday, Macke and Fox19 issued apologies.
WXIX Station Management: "To all FOX19 viewers and Facebook fans, We have received several expressions of concerns about a recent Facebook posting by FOX19 Anchor Tricia Macke on her personal Facebook page. Tricia’s response is provided below and is also posted on her personal Facebook page. We also apologize to anyone who may have been offended by her comments."
Macke: "I recently posted comments on my personal Facebook page regarding cable news anchor Rachel Maddow which were insensitive and inappropriate. I apologize to Ms. Maddow and any others who may have been offended by my comments, as they do not reflect my firm beliefs in individual and equal rights, and they certainly do not represent the opinions or position of my employer WXIX-TV."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 16 min 6 sec ago
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1 hour 17 min ago
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 1 hour 40 min ago
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 1 hour 47 min ago
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM