Fox Reporter Sorry for Disparaging Rachel Maddow
BY Neal Broverman
November 10 2012 3:15 PM ET
A reporter at a Fox affiliate in Cincinnati apologized Friday for referring to MSNBC host Rachel Maddow as an "angry young man."
Tricia Macke posted the message on her personal Facebook page last month and was quickly taken to task. Instead of apologizing, Macke defended her comments, telling an upset commenter, "you are right... I am sorry. I should have said antagonistic."
GLAAD jumped on Macke and her employer when the post was discovered, and by Friday, Macke and Fox19 issued apologies.
WXIX Station Management: "To all FOX19 viewers and Facebook fans, We have received several expressions of concerns about a recent Facebook posting by FOX19 Anchor Tricia Macke on her personal Facebook page. Tricia’s response is provided below and is also posted on her personal Facebook page. We also apologize to anyone who may have been offended by her comments."
Macke: "I recently posted comments on my personal Facebook page regarding cable news anchor Rachel Maddow which were insensitive and inappropriate. I apologize to Ms. Maddow and any others who may have been offended by my comments, as they do not reflect my firm beliefs in individual and equal rights, and they certainly do not represent the opinions or position of my employer WXIX-TV."
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 17 min 30 sec ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 1 hour 18 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 2 hours 17 min ago
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 2 hours 18 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM