Gay Conservative Blogger Weighs Challenging Lindsey Graham for Senate
BY Michelle Garcia
March 12 2013 3:49 PM ET
The founder of GOProud and GayPatriot blogger Bruce M. Carroll Jr. announced that he would step down from his current duties as vice chairman of the organization to consider a bid against Republican South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham.
Carroll, a gay conservative, made the announcement on his blog Monday. He is planning to attend the Conservative Political Action Conference this week as a blogger—not as a founder of GOProud—but will spend the next several weeks considering a bid against the longtime senator. Though Carroll does agree with many of Graham's stances, he said there are enough differences that may warrant a senate seat challenge.
“I think we need a senator that respects the limits of the federal government and is not part of the problem,” he said to the Wall Street Journal. “I also think that he’s been way to willing to compromise with President Obama.”
Carroll lives with his partner in South Carolina with his partner of 13 years.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM
- Comedy WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression May 19 2013 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? May 19 2013 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM