Gay Conservative Blogger Weighs Challenging Lindsey Graham for Senate
BY Michelle Garcia
March 12 2013 3:49 PM ET
The founder of GOProud and GayPatriot blogger Bruce M. Carroll Jr. announced that he would step down from his current duties as vice chairman of the organization to consider a bid against Republican South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham.
Carroll, a gay conservative, made the announcement on his blog Monday. He is planning to attend the Conservative Political Action Conference this week as a blogger—not as a founder of GOProud—but will spend the next several weeks considering a bid against the longtime senator. Though Carroll does agree with many of Graham's stances, he said there are enough differences that may warrant a senate seat challenge.
“I think we need a senator that respects the limits of the federal government and is not part of the problem,” he said to the Wall Street Journal. “I also think that he’s been way to willing to compromise with President Obama.”
Carroll lives with his partner in South Carolina with his partner of 13 years.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 30 min 20 sec ago
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 32 min 21 sec ago
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 32 min 50 sec ago
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 41 min 50 sec ago
- Women Shot of the Day: WildFang's Tomboy Line Channels Androgynous Icons 51 min 41 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Real Lesbians Watch and Break Down 'Lesbian' Porn 1 hour 1 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under the Bus—Again 1 hour 49 min ago