Catholic Propaganda Video To Be Shown Soon in Churches
BY Michelle Garcia
June 06 2012 11:53 AM ET
The Catholic Church may begin circulating a video urging followers to vote against marriage equality, abortion rights, and health care policy.
A video shows a blacksmith forging "plans," so to speak, for the economy and jobs, but the video asks, whether all that building will be done in vain.
"Catholics across the nation will be put to the test," the spot says. A moment later, graphic text reads, "Marriage should be reinforced, not redefined...Your vote will affect the future and be recorded in eternity."
The video then asks, "Will you value the votes that will stand the test of fire?" next to the blacksmith's metal sculptures of the words "marriage," "life," and "freedom."
According to a reader with administrative ties to the church, the video, which was made public in March, will be soon circulated and shown to parishioners and Catholic groups.
The video was ordered by the nonprofit group, Catholics Called to Witness, and produced by a company called Creative Lab, which has done other videos about conservative parental rights being taken away, and another in 2010 for Value Voters USA.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder May 24 2013 6:27 PM