WATCH: Trans People Share Their Stories
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 15 2012 7:33 PM ET
In observance of Transgender Awareness Week (November 12-20), GLAAD partnered with the Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition to release a series of videos featuring out, proud transgender people. The latest videos feature one-on-one conversations with author and professor Jennifer Finney Boylan, actress Laverne Cox, comedian Kit Yan, and attorney Noah Lewis.
I Am: Trans People Speak features trans folk discussing their myriad identities — such as mother, sister, brother, Philadelphia native, and a host of other identities that readers of any orientation can relate to. The goal of the project is to raise awareness about the diversity of transgender communities, while lifting the voices of transgender people, their families, friends, and allies, according to GLAAD's website.
Meet Laverne Cox in the video below, then click through the following pages to see each new video in the I AM: Trans People Speak series.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked 16 min 6 sec ago
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 48 min 26 sec ago
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 1 hour 21 min ago
- Politics Puerto Rico House Approves Antidiscrimination Bill 1 hour 29 min ago
- Entertainment News Week in Geek: Star Trek Actor Gets Wet and Naked, Justice League, and More 2 hours 17 min ago
- Activism Multimedia Project Addresses LGBT Rights Among Palestinians 2 hours 42 min ago
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert is a Lesbian Stereotype in Flannel and Birkenstocks 3:36 PM