WATCH: Trans People Share Their Stories
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 15 2012 7:33 PM ET
In observance of Transgender Awareness Week (November 12-20), GLAAD partnered with the Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition to release a series of videos featuring out, proud transgender people. The latest videos feature one-on-one conversations with author and professor Jennifer Finney Boylan, actress Laverne Cox, comedian Kit Yan, and attorney Noah Lewis.
I Am: Trans People Speak features trans folk discussing their myriad identities — such as mother, sister, brother, Philadelphia native, and a host of other identities that readers of any orientation can relate to. The goal of the project is to raise awareness about the diversity of transgender communities, while lifting the voices of transgender people, their families, friends, and allies, according to GLAAD's website.
Meet Laverne Cox in the video below, then click through the following pages to see each new video in the I AM: Trans People Speak series.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy